To borrow items you must present a valid University ID card, in order to borrow Library materials to the circulation desk which is located on the first (middle) floor.
Number of items that can be borrowed:
- UG Undergraduate students may borrow up to eight (8) items at a time, six (6) of those being materials which can be taken out of the Library. They are allowed to borrow serials only for use in the Library. Undergraduates can borrow two (2) Reserve items at a time.
- UG Postgraduate students may borrow up to twelve (12) items at a time, ten (10) of those being materials which can be taken out of the Library. They are allowed to borrow serials only for use in the Library. Postgraduates can borrow two (2) Reserve items at a time.
- UG Academic and senior administrative staff may borrow up to twenty (20) items at a time. · UG non-academic senior staff may borrow up to six (6) items at a time.
Patrons can call the library via telephone (592) 222-4931 extension 2221. Provide your name, registration number and the title of the book
Present the book and your registration card to a librarian at the Circulation desk.
- Items cannot be renewed from the Reserved Collection
- Items cannot be renewed from the Caribbean Research Library
- Items can be renewed once
- Overdue items cannot be renewed
- Reserved items cannot be renewed
All items borrowed must be returned at the Circulation Desk.
Reservation for items currently on loan can be made at the Circulation Desk. When those items are returned, the items requested are held for a maximum of seven days. An item request does not change the original due date, but it does prevent the current borrower from renewing it.